Seton Regional Commercial Centre (phase II)
Brookfeld Residential Properties Inc
- Phase II of a 360-acre commercial centre.
- 818 studio continued the urban design and pedestrian realm amenities created in the frst phase.
- Extensive naturalization strategy employed in the first phase was continued through this phase.
- Design includes a significant biorietention element capable of accommodating the rainwater runoff from the parking lots and buildings.
- Pedestrian spaces evoke an urban ‘industrial chic’ aesthetic: another ‘downtown’ in south Calgary.
- Design team employed simple, durable materials in dynamic arrangements throughout the site.
- Redeployed the custom urban furnishings from the first phase, with updates based on the lessons learned from the previous construction